Pro-100: Thin Line Clog in Grey, big problem or it’s fine?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
DavidArmenPhoto Forum Member • Posts: 57
Pro-100: Thin Line Clog in Grey, big problem or it’s fine?

I’ve recently noticed a very thin clog in my Grey channel 3/4ths down in the nozzle check. The problem is, when I went back to check my last month’s worth of nozzle checks (this time with a loupe), I discovered that the thin clog formed about a month ago and I never noticed it.. so I’ve definitely burned those nozzles because I’ve printed almost daily in that month and after my discovery, no amount of deep cleaning or even soaking the print head in ammoniated windex is clearing that thin clog.

Nozzle check zoomed in on Grey Channel.

I do notice some minor banding on RC papers when looking very carefully but to be honest I’ve always experienced some sort of banding on my pro-100 no matter how many times I aligned the print head, even using premium matte papers and glossy papers to gain more accuracy.

To get to the point, don’t printers nowadays have measures to accommodate minor clogs without these clogs causing print degradation? Such as “number of passes” and what not. Is it okay to have a minor clog in one color? Or should one replace their print head as soon as such a clog forms on any channel?

DavidArmenPhoto's gear list:DavidArmenPhoto's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon Pixma Pro-100
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow