DxO PhotoLab "Prime" not as good as the old DxO OpticsPro 11.4 ??

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP lhkjacky Senior Member • Posts: 2,759
Re: DxO PhotoLab "Prime" not as good as the old DxO OpticsPro 11.4 ??

lokatz wrote:

lhkjacky wrote:

You can see the difference clearly if I zoomed in.Left: Exported by PhotoLab, Right: Exported by OpticsPro V11.4 (At 200%)

Comparing at 200% makes no sense whatsoever. You simply amplify something you may not see at all in the final pic, whether printed or on the web. Always compare pics full-size and at 100%, if you are so inclined, but not at higher magnification.

For the Photolab exported image (Left), the grains can be visible at 50% viewing size, but it is not visible from the image exported by older OpticsPro V11.4 (Right).

For easy viewing in the forum, I show the image at higher magnification.
because Dpreivew compressed the image and make the noise grain less obvious.
Viewers have to click into the image to see full size, otherwise they may not able to see the difference. In my past experience, not many viewers willing to click and view the full size image, especially if they are viewing by smart phone. Therefore, I enlarged the image just for easy viewing.

Hope it clear the thing out.

lhkjacky's gear list:lhkjacky's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Ricoh GR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow