XZ-1 Autofocus problem after changing sensor

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
torrebf New Member • Posts: 3
XZ-1 Autofocus problem after changing sensor

I purchased an XZ-1 for parts on eBay and decided to see if the sensor would be a better one as my original had developed about seven bright red and blue bad pixels. I replaced the whole assembly, as the actual sensor screws have this hard glue on top of three of the screws.

After I put everything together, I was happy to see that this new sensor was pristine and only has two faint bright pixels.

My problem is this. The autofocus will not work when the lens is at wide focus if the object in front of the camera is further than six feet. No matter what amount of light, no matter what shape or color, no matter what setting on the dial. I would have to move closer than six feet or zoom in with the lens a little bit and it will focus. As long as I zoom in about half way on the optical zoom range everything works as it should. If I want to use the camera at full wide, the autofocus will not work, as I said, if the subject is about six feet away or more.

I made sure all the glass and focusing areas were clean and dust free so it is not dirt. It is not a setting on the camera as I have verified that I am on autofocus and not on manual focus. It happens on full auto as well as scene modes and art.

I read on this or another forum about another person who had the same experience after they changed the sensor and was hoping to see if anybody was familiar with this issue.

Is there’s a way to do a hard factory reset that it is not the “Reset Photo Mode”?

Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow