Sony A7SII or A7RII Lenses advice needed from professionals

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
florian34330 New Member • Posts: 4
Sony A7SII or A7RII Lenses advice needed from professionals

Hello,

We are a semi-professional team and we produce video clips and live concerts/events. We want to change our main camera (a 4k Panasonic HC-X1000) which is now quite old and worn. The good point of this camera was the 4K 50p/60p and the 20x Optical Zoom (it is useful in live events when you can't reach the scene), but in low light it's a pain and the colours range too (this involved a lot of post production work).

So I decided to shoot also with my Sony Nex-5 and a full manual old Nikon 50mm f/1.4 (with adapter) which give me a very good light and nice colours in HD 1080p (but no AF or stabilization and no 4k).

So we want to upgrade to Sony A7S II or A7R II. I know the main difference is the sensor but I read that the A7R II may suffer heat problem in long shoot (something that I must avoid at all cost).

My budget is around 3700€ (around $4300).

The most difficult thing is to choose the lenses, I plan to buy two lenses to cover the zoom range that I had with the Panasonic HC-X1000 (they said that the 35 mm Film Camera Equivalent is 30.8 - 626 mm in 16:9). But I need lenses with a good aperture to work in low light situations and it seems that the equivalent Zoom Lenses are a bit out of price with Sony.

So I thought about the SONY FE 28-70 mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS as a standard/generic lens (to work with good/controlled light/environment). And the SONY FE 24–105 mm F4 G OSS Lens for strong zoom (but I don't know if it will work well at f/4 in low light)

I saw also that Sigma released some good lenses (with zoom) on Sony A-mount (like 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM | A). But I don't know if with the SONY LA-EA4 Full-Frame A-Mount Adapter and Sigma Lens I will get Auto Focus and 4K movie (because of APS-C lens and crop size).

To summarize, I need two lenses that will cover (less or more) the zoom range of the Panasonic HC-X1000, for working in low light situation, shooting in 4k and Auto Focus, do you think this is feasible with my budget ?

Thanks a lot for your lights,

Florian

Sony Alpha a7R II Sony Alpha a7S II Sony Alpha NEX-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow