Buy full frame or APS-C as a beginner???

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Max702 New Member • Posts: 4
Buy full frame or APS-C as a beginner???

Hello everybody,

I have never owned a DSLR, so I decided to buy one. Asked my friend who is more of a pro in photography. He advised me to buy a full frame, mirrorless camera. We decided that I will buy Sony A7riii or A7iii. But later I gave it a thought and realized that I should not buy such an expensive DSLR. So reviewed my options and decided to buy either Sony a6300 or a6500. But now I am totally confused. Should I go for full frame Sony A7iii or a6500 or a6300? My friend's reasoning is that I won't need to change DSLR any time soon and that's why I should buy Sony a7iii. My thought is that should I buy that expensive DSLR (I don't feel like spending so much as I will be doing more of amateur stuff photography; the main reason for buying is to take pictures and make videos of my baby boy) but then I get 2nd thoughts that I should buy one of the latest ones i.e full frame if I have to buy. I am puzzled if full frame would make any difference for me compared to APS-C? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6300 Sony a6500 Sony Alpha a7 III Sony Alpha a7R III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow