Any advice if I want to use only one lens?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GeorgeZh New Member • Posts: 7
Any advice if I want to use only one lens?

Dear all,

I'm new here, only have very basic knowledge of photography, and want to ask for your advice, thank you!

Previously I used Nikon D7000 with kit lens 18-140mm. I will sell them to B&H next week.

Last month I purchased the Sony a7 III, and just want to use one lens at the moment, especially because I don't want to have any dirt on the sensor and I don't want to have a heavy bag.

I'm considering:

1) Sony 24-105 F4

2) Tamron 28-75 F2.8

My condition is:

I use the camera 90% for travel, especially national parks, beaches, and cities.

For travel I shoot roughly 50% wide angle landscape, 20% portrait, 10% animals with unknown focal length, 10% close-up, 10% others.

Between 1) and 2),

Sony has 24 & 75-105,

Tamron has F2.8, and is 100 gram less

I guess F2.8 might not be frequently used by me for travel? If I use F5.6, would the speed of these two have any difference?

As for image quality, they are both very good and similar to me. Tamron is better at the center, and Sony may be better at the corner. Does this mean Sony might be better for wide angle landscape?

Overall, 100 grams less is very important to me, 24 & 75-105 is also very important to me. (Although if you give me fifty 24mm pictures and fifty 28mm pictures from flickr, I would hardly be able to distinguish them)

So do you have any advice? Should I go for Sony 24-105 or Tamron 28-75 if I only want to use one lens right now? Thank you so much!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha a7 III Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow