Practically given a D800e and 5 lenses. Can I get a little advice?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
balderic New Member • Posts: 3
Practically given a D800e and 5 lenses. Can I get a little advice?

An older lady friend of the family gave me her D800e and five lenses a few months ago for $1500. She has recently developed really bad arthritis and can't really handle the camera anymore. I have been shooting for a few years, but this is a big upgrade for me.

The lenses for the D800e are as follows:

Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 G2

Nikkor 105mm f2.8 micro

Nikkor 28-300mm f3,5-5.6G ED

Nikkor 50mm f1.8G

Nikkor 24-120 f4G

Any advice on lenses to keep, get rid of and replace with other lenses?

I love shooting macro photography, so I want to keep the 105mm. I also enjoy shooting my kids and nephews sporting events, so I am planning on keeping the 70-200 and maybe the 28-300 for a little more reach. I wouldn't mind having a wide angle lens, but not being a professional I don't want to fork out $2000 for a lens. A photographer cousin also said that I should look seriously into a 24-70. Would that give me better results than my 24-120 and 50mm?

Thanks and sorry for the amateurish questions. Also, if this would be better posted in another section, please let me know.

Nikon D800E Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow