You won't believe how I broke my X-T2 (sorry for the "graphic" image, this may sting a little bit)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
markymethod New Member • Posts: 8
You won't believe how I broke my X-T2 (sorry for the "graphic" image, this may sting a little bit)

Story - I was sitting on a bench that had those holes in it (ones you see in an elementary school) and had my camera sitting next to me with a quick attached to the 1/4 screw mount, so it was on my body. I was waiting for the reception to start a wedding. I decided to stand up and head to the reception, and then I heard this loud CRACK. At first, I thought my lens cap dropped, but when I looked at my camera that was the result. My theory - I had the peak design snap caps attached in place of the camera strap, and it fell in one of the small bench holes and yanked my camera apart. I didn't even know this could happen to cameras, it's almost comical. You'd think the strength of the camera would keep me in place. REST IN PEACE

Does anyone have experience with Fuji's customer service? I bought the camera a couple years ago so warranty is out of the question. If I ship it to their repair department I don't know what they could do? Maybe a voucher or something? Obviously won't be doing any replacement parts lol.

Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
amd
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow