A polite c/c request...

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
housesr
housesr Regular Member • Posts: 274
A polite c/c request...

I haven't been into photography for very long and I'd appreciate some c/c on this action shot that I took using 3D tracking, something I've never used before, in fact it's the first time I'm shot anything remotely like it, i.e. fast moving.

I now know that I'd have probably been better off boosting the ISO a little to get the shutter speed faster and I know that my 18-200mm Nikkor lens is only a kit lens and I was shooting at 200mm which is it's softest FL and at f/5.6, which is wide open and happens to be the softest aperture, but that isn't what I'm after c/c for, but rather my processing of the image. i.e. how did I do?

I cloned out the distracting people and other elements from the background, increased the exposure slightly, lifted the shadows a bit more, and selectively more so on the subjects face because it was in the shade, added a tiny bit of contrast and finished off with some unsharp mask. The colour seemed OK to my untrained eye, so I left that alone.

This is the original, taken in quite harsh sunlight... (Nikon D7000, Nikkor 18-200mm lens @ 200mm, 1/500, f/5.6, ISO 100, EV -0.7)

...and this is my finished edit...

Open both up in new browser windows and flick from one to the other and please tell me, could it have been edited better? If so, how so? RAW file available if needed.

In the past, I've been a bit heavy handed with the processing so people have told me, so this time I've tried to go a bit easier on it.

Thanks in advance to anyone responding

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow