Am I crazy, or am I getting a lot of noise? A7iii

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mcass New Member • Posts: 23
Am I crazy, or am I getting a lot of noise? A7iii

So I am new to high-end cameras, so please be gentle.

I'm finding when I take a pic it is not as detailed as many other's pics posted here, and I also see a lot of noise, which I would expect in low light with high ISOs but not in fairly bright rooms.

Both of the images below were just snapped without any thought for composition and were shot in M-mode, AF-C/Wide, raw, with a Rokinon 35mm 1.4 and exported jpeg from LR with no post adjustments made.
while there are parts of the fur which look very focused, I would expect more detail in the focus areas based on what others have posted.  Also, I see more noise that I would expect, for example in the first pic the carpet under the dogs head, the album cover, the border of the print.  In the second image, I guess the worst part is the document cases in the background. I'm sure with some post work the minimal noise could be smoothed out, and a little sharpening could be applied.

I'm just curious to as whether I am getting  an acceptable image out of the cam to start with.  I notice both detail and noise level in many shots I've taken.  It's probably user error, so feel free to give suggestions, or I'd be happy to snap another pic with different settings.
Also, how do you guys upload raw images to DP?

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow