How much customization of the lightroom interface can we do?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mfinley Senior Member • Posts: 1,219
How much customization of the lightroom interface can we do?

How much customization of the lightroom interface can we do, and what are your customization?

I've looked around a bit but I don't see too much customization available to make adjustments to the interface when it comes to workflow.

1) For instance when cropping, I like the 'black out' version where all you see is the cropped part of the image and not the rest of the image, I typically crop this way about 100% of the time, but I don't see a way to set this method as the default? Another- is I'm always clicking 'Constrain Crop' after cropping, no way to set that to default?

How about keyboard shortcuts don't apply to multiple images?

2) If you select multiple images in development mode in the slideshow and hit the delete button, or hit P to flag them, it only deletes or flags one image at a time, to apply to multiple selected images you have to right click and select 'remove photo' or 'set flag'.

3) Is it a quirk of the program -- typically while in development mode I try to keep the film strip tidy by removing from view images that I either don't need to see anymore, such as the 3 images that make up a HDR image, after I combine them I usually will 'flag' the 3 images that made up the HDR, and my film strip view is filtered to not show any flagged images so they disappear... however the next time you use any of the Photo Merge features, such as making another HDR, lightroom then resets your filmstrip view and all the flagged images show again and you have to refilter your filmstrip again.

Anything I'm missing here in how to change the settings in lightroom? Plus what modifications do you use to speed up your workflow?

-- hide signature --
 mfinley's gear list:mfinley's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow