Need advice on new lenses

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Grace1208 New Member • Posts: 2
Need advice on new lenses

Hi everyone,

first time poster long time lurker here.

about 8 months ago I bought an xt20 with the 18-55 lens. It was my first camera as I'm just now getting into the world of photography.

I loved it and loved the lens. However, I noticed most of my pictures (80%-ish) are either at the wide end or the zoom end of the lens. I wanted/needed to buy a wider angle lens for my traveling, and maybe a lens with longer FL, buy didn't want to spend so much money.

Anyway, long story short, my camera+lens were stolen last week while I was in europe. Really really tragic, but as I'd like to think of myself as an optimist - I take this as an opportunity to get the right equipment for me. I'm 99% sure I'll buy the xt20 again since it was perfect for me, and as for the lens, well this is where you come in:

I really did love the 18-55, however felt I need to go wider. plus I didn't get the best portraits with it, but that might be due to my lack of skill/experience.

I was thinking of going with 3 primes - 14 for landscape, 27 for everyday/city/street and 60 for portraits/macro. another possibility is to get the new xc 15-45 and maybe the 60 as well. and of course I could always get the 18-55 and just add the 14.

I like the idea of primes and that you have to work with your legs, but I'm not the best photographer as I'm really just starting to learn the field, so maybe I should just stick with the zoom?

Would love to hear your recommendations!

Thanks!

Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow