Cheaper Leica Q-like experience?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Och Elo Regular Member • Posts: 188
Cheaper Leica Q-like experience?

I currently shoot with a Sony A7 system.  I recently rented a Leica Q because I've been curious about it.  All I can say it is an excellent camera, like all the reviews suggest.  That being said, a bit more $$$ than I feel comfortable spending for a fixed lens camera.

One thing I heard often when discussing the Leica Q vs Sony is that "IQ overall is similar, but the Leica Q has a better photographic experience".  I agree with that 100%.  I'd like a camera that's cheaper than the Leica Q that I can use alongside my Sony system that comes close to replicating the overall shooting experience, ergonomics, easy menu system, tactile feel, etc.

The most obvious candidates seem to be the Fuji rangefinder style cameras (X-Pro2, X100f, X-E3) or an Oly Pen-F with something like the 15mm 1.7 attached.

If anyone here has used any of these cameras and also a Leica Q, can you tell me which one you thought may have come close to the overall shooting experience and fun of a Leica Q?  IQ doesn't matter much here since I like the IQ from the Sony A7 system.  This would be more of a choice based on ergonomics, menu system, "fun to shoot" factor, etc.

Fujifilm X100F Olympus PEN-F Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow