K1ii AF setting question

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Florida Suse
Florida Suse Regular Member • Posts: 377
K1ii AF setting question

Hey everyone,

I am wanting to try out and experiment a little with phase detect auto focus on release priority instead of focus priority,  not because I'm having any auto focus problems but, because I can think of some scenarios where this might be beneficial. I can always switch it back if I'm dissatisfied.

I almost always shoot single frame and select my focus point or choose the center cluster.  I was trying to find the setting I had on the k5 where I could tell it to fire or take the shot even if my flash was not fully charged and I couldn't find this selection. Maybe by telling it to be release priority this is automatically going to happen?  Just wondering if anyone knew. I am thinking of a scenario where a bridal couple is walking down the aisle walking towards me (or indoors moving). I would shoot a couple of frames, maybe like 3. What would your setting for auto focus be on the k1?

I have always had very good results prefocusing on a spot where a couple or a bridesmaid will walk and then take the shot when they are in that range (if it's a little dark, if not than no problem shooting single and center spot). This works like 99% of the time. I haven't ever not gotten a shot like this but, if there is a setting that gives me more keepers or allows me to take more than a few a few seconds apart, than I would like to try that too.

Hope this all made sense, thanks

Pentax K-1 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow