How can I get sharper images with my 23mm

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lisadoesntmatter New Member • Posts: 22
How can I get sharper images with my 23mm

Hi guys,

I want to know if other people get these results when they use similar settings under similar conditions. I'm trying to accomplish some amount of DOF when shooting these. But I can't seem to accomplish a level of crispness on my subjects even when I'm shooting non wide shots.

I'm obviously an amateur, I'm here for answers. I'm trying to get to know my camera better. Here are some unedited samples below...

My subjects are standing in the same line but when I zoom it i find the subjects to be rather blurry especially around the edges.

I honestly can't tell where the camera is focusing in this photo.

I was definitely focusing on her face using the point focus mode. But when I zoom into her face its just not that crisp.

Here's another example,  the focus was on my subjects face but when I zoom in, it  seems blurry.

This is a photo I'm quite satisfied with, baby seems to be in focus and so is the dad but when I zoom in, it looks blurry again.

Is this normal? Am I being too critical or over analyzing things? Wanna hear your experience using this lens.

Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow