Am Fence riding I know.. but..

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
David Hughes Senior Member • Posts: 2,838
Am Fence riding I know.. but..

Opinions on bringing older lenses into an SD Quattro or an SD Quattro H?

Am still weighing acquiring an SDQ camera. My ongoing musing of wanting a better low light/faster camera for things like professional hockey, professional ballet… both go into speed and low light situations tho have staged lighting for some of this as well. I have a suite of lenses from the SD9 (still my fav in the Sigma line), and the 14, 15… and am musing about which ones may perform with an SDQ or SDQ H?  And yes of course would acquire current lenses from the SIgma line of I acquired an SDQ-something.

I am working with DPQ0 and DP1 and DP2 cams as well. But if any one has an opinion about the legacy lenses on the SDQ cameras, would be most interested in hearing.  I want to lean in towards a  DPQ something, but admit to having that hesitation acquired over years of experience.

FWIW, an M42 Russian Helios has been by far the best performer in my Sigma lens line, then a 105mm and 20mm come along.

So, older lenses and anyone’s performance on a newer SDQ camera? And I know, am fence riding.

Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Sigma sd Quattro Sigma sd Quattro H Sigma SD9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow