ACDSee or LR Classic CC - "leftover" [Originals] and [Developed] folders ?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Zed-TJ New Member • Posts: 23
ACDSee or LR Classic CC - "leftover" [Originals] and [Developed] folders ?

Using Win 10 - ACDSee Ultimate 2018 v11.2 - et al - with LR Classic CC 7.3.1 and in the last month have noticed what seem to me to be folders "leftover" from a LR Export (I may be entirely on the wrong track). From memory this would be about the time I upgraded to LR Classic CC from standalone LR6.12.

These folders are nested under the original photo folder and show up in LR folders view. Typically the [Originals] folder will contain either a raw or HDR processed tif(f) maybe with a .xmp file and the [Developed] folder usually has either a tif or jpg file.

I'm calling them "leftover" because anything in these folders always seems to be in the original photo folder as well.

The [Developed] folders appear less often than the [Originals].

From time to time I use any of Affinity, Aurora HDR, ON1 Photo RAW 2018, DxO Photolab, Luminar , Photmatix - and do sometimes see hints in the file names to suggest that all of them are occasionally involved in leaving these "spare" folders - so the common denominator seems to be LR Classic CC ?

I do sometimes find that the LR "Edit in" and return result to LR does not work and wonder whether this is the problem ?

In one sense they don't actually seem to crash anything but they are untidy and if they are unnecessary I'd like to know how to avoid generating them in future.

CapOnePro creates an Originals folder by default but the way I use it it's nearly always empty so not so annoying and I don't Edit or Export via CapOnePro from LR.

Any ideas on what is happening and how to stop it would be most welcome.

File Explorer view of folders

Zed-TJ's gear list:Zed-TJ's gear list
Nikon Coolpix B700 Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow