Change of Gears (K-3 -> K-1)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Richard Murdey
Richard Murdey Senior Member • Posts: 2,842
Change of Gears (K-3 -> K-1)

I will probably regret this, but,

1. in  that I have two dry-boxes worth of Pentax FF lenses I want to see at least once in non-crop digital format

2. in that it looks like the way forward at Ricoh is always-on NR at high ISO that I am not happy with

3. and that with the introduction of the K-1 ii prices on K-1 have dropped substantially with plenty available on the used market in Japan

I have sold my K-3 and I have bought a used K-1. (Map Camera, 140,800 yen, 2017 model year)

I say "regret" because I worry the price will drop substantially in the next little while and I should have waited. There are about 35 K-1 bodies listed at Map, all discounted, and they've only sold one other this weekend apart from the one I bought as far as I could tell. Also the price of a new K-1 was just 169,000 yen at map, discounted to make room for the K-1 ii, though in a bit of good news it seems they sold out of those pretty quick back in late April.

We'll see I guess. Maybe it's just a temporary glut and price dip as the remaining new K-1 stock are sold off into discount channels and prices will bounce back later once availability dries up. That sometimes happens. Did, actually, with the K-3. The best time to get a K-3 was back when the K-3 ii came out, the used price stayed pretty much unchanged since then.

The camera arrives tomorrow. So many lenses to try, but the 50/1.7 M is probably going to get first dibs.

Richard Murdey's gear list:Richard Murdey's gear list
Nikon D750 Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/21 Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/25 Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/35 Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1,4/50 +7 more
Pentax K-1 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-3 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow