Nikon d850 AF issues

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Scuba1 Forum Member • Posts: 81
Nikon d850 AF issues

I'm sure this is nothing new to a lot of you guys but I am racking my brain trying to figure this out.  When I have my Nikon 24 1/4G fitted on my 850, the outer focus points are back focusing almost every time.  If my subject is at a distance and there is a fence or building behind them, it's going to completely disregard my subjects face or body and catch whatever is 10 or 12 feet behind them perfectly.  Of course, this is in single point AF and still subject.  I can expect some of the older cameras to do this but am a little disappointed in my world class d850 AF!  For those of you who are more seasoned to this issue, could the lens possibly be the culprit?  Seems to be happening only with the 24mm when the subject is at a distance.

Thanks in advance for any feedback that anyone might have!

Scuba1's gear list:Scuba1's gear list
Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +1 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow