Nikon D3100 - Whiteout issue on Auto setting

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BWayne New Member • Posts: 11
Nikon D3100 - Whiteout issue on Auto setting

Hi folks,
You were all really helpful last time and helped me decide which memory accessory to buy for my camera. Yesterday, I was pressed for time and wanted to capture a quick photograph before the moment passed. I grabbed my camera, turned it on and flipped it to Auto setting and turned the flash off (daylight). When I checked the result of the photo, barely anything was visible except for some faint details. The photo suffers from extreme "without" as if it's overexposed.

Having had more time today, I did a few tests and the issue is only seemingly present in Auto mode, in which naturally I can only the image quality (JPG, RAW etc) and if flash is on or off. In manual mode, the camera behaves exactly as it should and gives you the result you set it up to give you.

I've put some photos of the setting for the Auto mode and the Manual mode. There are two sample photos so you can see the issue present in the first mode vs the manual mode. I am also on the latest firmware in terms of the camera and have also reset shooting options but sadly the issue remains. I checked if this was a lens issue by trying my other lens. Definitely not the lenses, so it seems to be a software/setup glitch.

Any ideas besides the don't shoot in Auto mode jokes? Thanks for your time, everyone.

The first photo shows the settings. The second, the settings that can be changed (in white). The third is the photo result in each mode.

https://imgur.com/a/JfUViWR

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow