1st image from Df

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
graytrekker
graytrekker Regular Member • Posts: 197
1st image from Df

I have been shooting a 1" sensor for several years now due to its extreme convenience for backpacking (Sony RX100 M2).  However, I wanted to make the leap to FF so I recently found a virtually new Df (less than 100 clicks) from a member here, and waited a long time for the rain to stop, here in Montana, to try it out.

This photo was taken in mid-April (notice grass not greened up yet). I literally stepped out my door and shot this.  No attempt at composition. I used my 105mm, f2.5 AI lens at f4 (I think) on aperture priority. This is just using the camera's jpeg engine, no cropping, or post exposure adjustment.

This would have been an easy shot with an auto focus lens, but with older eyes and no split screen focusing (so far my main gripe about the Df) this wasn't the easiest to capture. Cats are impatient!  Still working on getting better at focusing, green dot, live view, etc.

As people have said, there seems to be a look to the Df with legacy lenses. It has been a joy to use lenses again that have been in a closet for 25+ years!  Of course, with a adapter, I can use them on my Sony A7RII (which I also recently obtained) as well, but Df + legacy lenses seem to me to be a match that was meant to be.

graytrekker's gear list:graytrekker's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon Df Sony Alpha a7R II Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +5 more
Nikon Df Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow