Return to Palouse

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MShot
MShot Senior Member • Posts: 2,858
Return to Palouse

The clutch went out on my car a few weeks back. Had to go back to get it after repairs. Much less expensive in rural areas. Saved enough to pay for travel expenses for two visits. Not so bad a problem.

Highway 26 near the town of Lacrosse, Washington. Palouse Falls. Didn't have the sun that day, but I can show what it looks like. I haven't figured out how to shoot this. If you go mid-day you reduce the DR from having one side of it in sun and one in shade. But the light is harsh and it looks flat. Dusk? Just after sundown? HDR? Maybe I'll get it right someday. In M43 you just about need a fisheye. Haven't defished it yet. Its 200 miles away and the weather changes. In summer its very hot but still some water in the falls. Keep trying and not the most painful thing to do.

Marmots are skittish and fun to watch when they are active. They will beg for food, run off and duck under the fence if  you make the slightest move in their direction.

These are jpegs out of the camera. Wheat shoots are growing, still young. Pretty farm. Makes me want to live there.

MShot's gear list:MShot's gear list
Olympus C-5050 Zoom Olympus C-2100 UZ Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow