Thinktank Turnstyle 5 vs Peak Deisgn Everyday Sling 5L

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PJM2018 Junior Member • Posts: 33
Thinktank Turnstyle 5 vs Peak Deisgn Everyday Sling 5L

I am interested in getting feedback and impressions of either of these but ideally from someone that has owned both..

I am looking for a small sling bag for my Sony A6000 that usually caries the 18-135 zoom along with my Sony 28mm F2.  These lenses usually covers me for most circumstances although I have been contemplating adding the Sigma 16mm F1.4.  But I seldom would carry more than the body and two lenses.

I actually purchased and returned the Peak Design L5. I wasn't wild about the overall shape of the bag and how I like to position the camera in more of a horizontal manner inside the bag with the grip easily accessible when opening the bag.

I then purchased the Thinktank Turnstyle 5 which I thought would be ideal as it makes a very compact carrier.  I was surprised to learn that you can only carry this bag on your left should where I am used to carrying whatever bag on my right.  Maybe this is one of those things you get used to....or not.  In addition the Thinktank also doesn't fit as well into the small of my back like the PD bag and you cannot convert it to a fanny pack in the V2.0 model.

Thus I would appreciate any input on those that have lived with either or both.  Thanks in advance.

Nikon Coolpix L5 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow