Nisi vs Lee vs Hitech Formatt

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Punio New Member • Posts: 5
Nisi vs Lee vs Hitech Formatt

I'm currently deciding between the Nisi V5 Pro system, the Formatt Firecrest Pro system and Lee system.

In my research I've found that the Lee filters to be highly regarded BUT costly, and having a bit of a cooler tint, and a poor filter holder system.

Similar to that, the Firecrest ,some people say has a tint but a new improved holder with the CP screwed into the front and adjustable.

The Nisi system seems to have no colour cast reported and a similar holder system to the Firecrest with the CP at the front. BUT I believe Thomas Heaton say the Nisi 10 stop filter density not as strong as stated compared the a Lee 10 stop version. Has anyone corroborated this? It certainly looked so in the video.

I'm leaning towards to Nisi, having almost bought Elia Locardi's Firecrest kit, then umming and aahing over the Lee kit. I'm thinking Nisi?

Would appreciate anyone's thoughts on which system, especially if they have tried the Nisi V5 Pro and Firecrest, and why they prefer their choice.

Punio's gear list:Punio's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L III USM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow