Nikon, Why didn't you ever make this? - SOOOO EASY!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dougjgreen1 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,065
Nikon, Why didn't you ever make this? - SOOOO EASY!

There's a thread in the Open Talk forum asking about everyone's dream mirrorless camera. When I thought about it, I realized just how easily the Nikon 1 system could have come to fulfilling that dream - if only Nikon had given it a legitimate try. What I wished for was this:

A nice, small Nikon 1 camera with the following:

- a leading edge 1" Back Side Illuminated sensor, comparable to Sony mk IV RX10/RX100

- the same great tracking AF performance that the entire series has,

- the same burst shooting performance and video performance the V3  & J5 have,

- good normal serious camera control ergonomics,

- a high quality integral EVF,

- a pop-up flash that operated as a standalone unit or as a standard commander mode to trigger any remote slave. Or failing that for the flash, just a standard hot shoe.

- And price it like an enthusiast DSLR.

It seems like this definition of a camera would have been a raging success - and trivially straightforward for Nikon to bring to market any time they wished to. Am I missing something - OTHER than the fact that this particular camera might have been more desirable than a D7500 at a similar price?

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-PL7 +17 more
Nikon 1 J5 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow