Travel Set-Up - A7R III + what lenses

Started Apr 30, 2018 | Discussions thread
Al D Regular Member • Posts: 301
Re: Travel Set-Up - A7R III + what lenses

sullivanrp wrote:

Any tips/advice from someone who has been to these cities or travels a lot given my options? A Fuji x100 is on my mind as well just to say screw it, don't carry multiple lenses, and have a pocketable camera.

I've carried a lot of gear around, in the end I settled on just one lens for walking around all day in crowded streets and tourist areas, outdoor, indoor, churches and museums... my 35mm f2.8. It's been to a dozen countries, cities and villages big and small, tooks thousands of great pictures with it. I like to travel light, not show off, blend in with the locals whenever possible. I have my camera on wrist strap with the smallest lens and just a small shoulder bag that doesn't look like it's hiding thousands of dollars of photo gear. Recently added a 28mm f2.0 to my travel kit because I've been wanting wider than 35 and on my last trip I mostly used the 28. Just my two cents.

Al D's gear list:Al D's gear list
Sony a7 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow