Loving the 6500 (8 pix)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Blackdog68 Regular Member • Posts: 400
Loving the 6500 (8 pix)

Hello all,

I recently purchased a used a6500 and have sold off all of my Fuji gear.  That's a great system as well, and I was happy with it for the last few years, but when I added up all the things I wanted in a camera (small size, left side EVF, articulated screen, touch, IBIS) I kept coming back to Sony.  I used to have an a900 years ago, so it's actually a return of sorts.  The transition has worked out perfectly for my needs.  I essentially traded my X-PRO 2 for the a6500 with the kit lens, sold my Fuji lenses and used the proceeds for the 10-18, 24 F1.8, 85 F1.8, and 70-300.

I'm really liking the a6500 more than I'd hoped.  It's customization options allow me to set it up just about right for me.  I'd love to have a joystick, and I still search for an aperture ring on the lenses, but the transition has been pretty painless.  I'm a RAW shooter and I'm still working out the color of the files, but I think I've got it where I want it.  The resolution and DR are excellent, and of course the eye AF is a game changer.

Some samples from the last week.  C&C welcome and thanks for reading and viewing.

Fujifilm X-Pro2 Nikon Coolpix A900 Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow