Manfrotto Elements Tripod

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 23,979
Re: Manfrotto Elements Tripod

Bluieee wrote:

I've recently purchased a Manfrotto Elements Tripod Big Black with Ball Head as my old cheap tripod broke and decided it was time to buy a more expensive tripod.

I brought the above as it seemed quite light weight, becomes a monopod, could hold my camera & lens and was within my price range.

I've used ball head tripods before, however I've never used the Arca-type quick release plate. My main use for the tripod is (attempting) astrophotography using long exposures.

I finally found a good night to get out and take photos. I attached the plate to my camera then attached this to the tripod. I made sure the plate was very tight as was the quick release twisty thing. Within a few photos, the camera had started to rotate to the side!

Has anyone else had a similar issue? I've tried tightening it with the allen key provided, but it can still rotate...

I have a couple different arca-swiss compatible plates, and I've never had that problem.  Based on photos of the kit, the plate seems to have rubber pads so even moderately tightened down it shouldn't twist.  What camera & lens are you using?  Is the ball head set up for a vertical shot?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow