Manfrotto Elements Tripod

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bluieee New Member • Posts: 6
Manfrotto Elements Tripod

I've recently purchased a Manfrotto Elements Tripod Big Black with Ball Head as my old cheap tripod broke and decided it was time to buy a more expensive tripod.

I brought the above as it seemed quite light weight, becomes a monopod, could hold my camera & lens and was within my price range.

I've used ball head tripods before, however I've never used the Arca-type quick release plate. My main use for the tripod is (attempting) astrophotography using long exposures.

I finally found a good night to get out and take photos. I attached the plate to my camera then attached this to the tripod. I made sure the plate was very tight as was the quick release twisty thing. Within a few photos, the camera had started to rotate to the side!

Has anyone else had a similar issue? I've tried tightening it with the allen key provided, but it can still rotate...

Bluieee's gear list:Bluieee's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon 35mm F1.8G ED
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow