Just got a Tamron 150-600mm G2

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
grepper Regular Member • Posts: 156
Just got a Tamron 150-600mm G2

Just received the Tamron 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2. I have not had much of a chance to play yet, but so far I’m very impressed. Auto focus is fast and very accurate, the vibration control works great, and the thing takes beautiful images.

I took these images hand-held sitting in a chair 23’ from a couple of hummingbird feeders in my back yard. The first picture, taken @ 28 mm, shows the bird feeders from where I was sitting on my back porch. These are just to show what it does, and as such are just screen captures of the images displayed @ 100% 1:1 on the screen, but good enough to get the point across. Yup. That’s actually a wasp that happened to be flying by the feeder. In a cool way, that lens is almost like a macro lens with a 23 ft working distance. Maybe I have a low amazement threshold, but I think it’s pretty amazing and impressive.

grepper's gear list:grepper's gear list
Nikon D750 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Tamron 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow