Pancake prime for A7iii?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
yardcoyote Veteran Member • Posts: 9,986
Pancake prime for A7iii?

Like everyone else, I have been reading about the Sony A7 series cameras and have been seeing them out and about with increasing frequency as the years go by. I was recently  looking at an A7iii camera and it seemed admirably small and flat, but the lens that was on it (it was a zoom, presumably the kit zoom) was huge. I am no fan of zooms anyway, and a big fan of "small slow" primes, and I was struck immediately  that this camera with a 40 or 45mm f/2.8 pancake prime would be very compact indeed-- and an interesting FF street camera for someone who likes that focal length.

I did a little bit of research and found some lists of available lenses for the FE mount and couldn't find a reference modern AF pancake prime. Am I missing something?

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-M1 +14 more
Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow