Sharpness issue with LUMIX G 25mm F1.7 ASPH

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Optoman Junior Member • Posts: 32
Sharpness issue with LUMIX G 25mm F1.7 ASPH

Hello, today I did a photo shoot with a model and put a large circular polarizing filter in front of that lens which is mounted on a Lumix GX80/85. Immediately I noticed that the model/subject was abnormally dark although my settings were correct. I decided to keep the filter on to later darken the sky and correct water reflection. But now back home I see that most of the shots have imperfect focus and exposure. It's as if the polarizing filter prevented the camera/lens to focus and measure exposure properly.

I've used the camera/lens combination in the past and things seemed fine to me, although the previous model complained about unsharpness.

I've also used the filter before but on an FZ1000 mostly to control reflection on cars, without focus or exposure issues.

Below are some full resolution JPEG exported from unedited RAWs.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9v24i514fk6mtf9/Sharpness%20issue%20with%20LUMIX%20G%2025mm%20F1.7%20ASPH.zip

Can someone tell me if there really is an issue and who is the real culprit ?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow