Cell data when connecting an iPhone to a Canon 6D's WiFi?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
aaronkelly New Member • Posts: 1
Cell data when connecting an iPhone to a Canon 6D's WiFi?

Hey guys,

I've been stumped about this for a while now and am looking to the brilliant minds of the DPReview community. I'm trying to find if there's a way to still be able to use my iPhone's cell data while I'm connected to a Canon 6D's wifi.

If I'm shooting remotely, I'll fire up the 6D's wifi, run the Camera Connect app and use it to shoot long exposures. I'm unable to browse safari or go on social media while I'm waiting, the only way to do so is to disconnect from my 6D. I'm also afraid that I'll miss an important phone call/text/email, etc. while I'm connected to my camera.

I had a Camranger that could do that by simply setting a static IP and subnet mask but that doesn't seem to work. It actually makes Camera Connect unable to detect my 6D's wifi. Now I'm kinda regretting selling the Camranger.

If anyone has a workaround or knows if this is just something I'll have to live with, I'd appreciate your knowledge. Thanks!

Aaron

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow