Advice needed: Fast lens or full frame camera?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
M_digicapt Senior Member • Posts: 1,791
Advice needed: Fast lens or full frame camera?

I was saving for a lens for BIF but after sometime I have realized that I won't get chances to shoot BIF often enough to make the expense worthwhile.

The one thing that I'm not totally happy about my M43 is ISO performance above ISO 800-1600. I get decent rusults with PP if I don't have to crop. I can use the m43 when the situation allows for slow shutters + Ibis. But sometimes that is not an option...

I mostly shoot with manual lenses and don't want to invest in M43 lenses...

By the end of the summer I will most probably make my next purchase ($500-600) and I'm starting the research.

So I have two ways to go about it... Get faster lenses (thinking of a 50mm f1.4 and a 70-200mm f.28?) or a used full frame camera like the A7, or maybe a Fuji, Pentax or similar performing apsc camera that can adapt old lenses.

Tom had suggested a Canon D5 and it seems nice, but I don't think it will take my old lenses?

My target is decent ISO 3200-6400.

Will the better ISO performance make up for the lack of Ibis?

Would an optical vf and lack of magnify option be a problem for focusing manual lenses?

Any advice what other elements I need to research to make the best decision?

Thanks

Nikon D5 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow