Does pinch-zoom in playback work properly on M50?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wayne Larmon Forum Pro • Posts: 10,111
Does pinch-zoom in playback work properly on M50?

I had a new M50 and was having problems with tethering with EOS Utility.  At the suggestion of another poster I packed up the camera, my tethering laptop, associated cables, etc. and brought them to Best Buy so we could see if the camera was defective or if the problem was with EOS Utility.  But this isn't my question for this thread.

After I gave up on tethering that camera I tested it some with normal photography.  It worked very well except that examining images in playback mode by zooming by pinching and scrolling around didn't work well at all.  The screen would usually go black and when it came back sometimes it was still in zoom mode and other times it went back to normal size.  This essentially made pinch-to-zoom worthless.

My M and M6 don't have this problem.  Pinch-to-zoom works fine on those.

So I was wondering if that particular M50 was defective or if this is a design problem and all M50s act this way.  Could any M50 owners test pinch-to-zoom and see if it works.

TIA.

Wayne

p.s., Best Buy didn't want to take time to test tethering or testing pinch-to-zoom so I ended up returning it as being defective.  I like the M50 and would get another one but I  can't live with the above-described problems, if they are design defects.

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow