Building an apsc Sony system?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
leggeron Senior Member • Posts: 1,054
Building an apsc Sony system?

Hello guys,

Just bought an a6300 with 16-50pz and 50 1.8 oss wanting to go to sony for perhaps a lighter system. I came to sony as I ruled out m43 because end results are kind of lackluster compared to what you have to pay for mid and top range equipment.

And I ruled out Fuji because I strongly dislike the new xtrans 3 sensor (xtrans 1 and 2 I loved) because it's neither unique and, to me, it's worse  than the one in Sony cameras.

After much changing cameras and systems I currently shoot a Nikon d7000 with 35 1.8g, 50 1.4g, 85 1.8d, Tamron 18-200, sigma 17-50 2.8 and Tokina 50-135 2.8. it's great but it gets heavy (I go out with 3 lenses at most at a time) and needs bigger bags than I'd like to carry. So it's been ending up staying at home.

So I want to see if I can get a smaller and lighter system with the a6300. I shoot mostly street and family events.

I've been looking at what's available for Sony but I'm getting confused as to what to get. At bare minimum I'd need a walk around universal standard or super zoom and a portrait lens longer than the 50mm. I'd like 2.8 zooms but can't find any? And how to distinguish which lenses are weather sealed?

I'd be thankful for any advice, thoughts, musings and experiences.

-- hide signature --

** I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts...
______
http://www.flickr.com/photos/leggeron/
Just so you know how good/bad I am at this.

leggeron's gear list:leggeron's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS60 Nikon D80 Nikon D90 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +8 more
Canon PowerShot A630 Nikon D70 Nikon D7000 Sony a6300 Tamron 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 Di II VC
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow