M6 or m50 for still photography

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
noneoftheabove Forum Member • Posts: 75
Re: M6 or m50 for still photography

Alexsfo wrote:

got a chance to handle both M6 and M50. I found M50 build every bit as good as M6 but I liked M50 right away - no contest. The grip is definately nicer. Fast - turns on right away ready to shoot in an instant like dslr. This will be a great back up for 5div, fully articulating screen is so much better. Will be ordering one soon. I think paired with 22mm pancake, it may just become the best family camera for everyone to use if Auto mode is good (for both stills and video) and smartphone connectivity is reliable and simple. I plan on ordering one with ef-m 22mm f2, ef-m 11-22mm and EOS adapter. It amazes me how many Canon cameras don’t fare well in reviews because they only care about specs but in real world those are still the best thought out cameras by far. No specs can subsitute for skills but ergonomics, reliability and usabilty will have immidiate effect on composition and ultimately IQ much more so than a stop difference in DR or noise. It’s the results that speak for themselves.

i agree wholehertedly - specs don't convey real-world handling.  i personally dont liike using Sony or Panasonic, although they are clearly ahead in specs.  i've used Canon for years, and although they are often behind the curve, i subjectively like the photos i get.

of course, dont forget the the M50 is a 'beginner' camera (sarc).  apart from the lack of physical dials and weather proofing, this really seems like a high-spec contender in terms of deliverables.  i am looking forward to window shopping a theoretical £2000 Canon mirrorless and seeing what gets bolted on.

noneoftheabove's gear list:noneoftheabove's gear list
Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow