the first rose

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
DMKAlex
DMKAlex Veteran Member • Posts: 4,056
Re: the first rose

Pjotr1958 wrote:

Mark_A wrote:

Pjotr1958 wrote:

It's a tiny rose about two centimeter and in my garden, I have several rose types in my garden but it will take at least 1 month before they will start blooming, the buds are growing slowly and I have seen several small ones 😉😀

Hi Pjotr1958,

I am sure it is special for you, the first rose, but for me as a photo it doesn't really work, and what is that green in the middle of the rose petals? I expect when it actually blooms it will be more photogenic? Do you think that is unfair?

It's not about technical excellence but more about the first rose I saw this year 😉, it will open a bit more but not much, I will have a closer look at greenish center to see what it

Photogenic is something that can be a very personal thing, anyhow thanks for your comment 😉

More roses will follow the coming period.

The rose looks like that and his petals are already loosing their colour.

Can you show me some of your images and tell how you made them so that I can learn ?

Mark_A

Thread for Sunrise & Sunset pictures (part 3!)
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60273364

I assume that this was not the first time you take a picture of a rose and that you have some experience with photography, I would be very frank to tell you that you managed to make this rose look pretty ugly.

First the straight down angle showed the cluttered interior. You can't change the flower (may be finding another one will do), but you can change the angle so it is showed in better light. The over exposure also made the pedals glaring.

Flower is about color, softness and beauty. I am sorry, I don't see it here.

DMKAlex's gear list:DMKAlex's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | S +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow