An amazing bargain

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Paul Pasco
Paul Pasco Veteran Member • Posts: 6,636
Re: An amazing bargain

André BARELIER wrote:

Paul Pasco wrote:

Wow, how lucky is that! I can't find this lens new or used less than about $400 around here. I have the 6.7-13 and would love to pair it with a 10-100 but I just do not want to spend that much when I have a perfectly good 30-110 in my bag.

$400 is a bit pricey for a used one, and even for a new one. Since you have the 6.7-13 and the 30-110, you already cover almost any situation. Spending $400 just to fill the gap between 13 and 30 is not worth the money, IMO.

That 13-30 gap is 35-80mm equivalent which is a bit of hole but not terrible. I carry a 18.5 to fill in and gives me a little better low light capability if needed.

I bought the 10-100 because it was an incredible bargain, but also because my 30-110 stopped working by the time I got the J5. I don't understand what happened. Sending it for repair is out of question here, given the prices Nikon charges us. It would have been much pricier than buying this 10-100!

Regards,

-- hide signature --

André

-- hide signature --

Regards, Paul
Lili's Dad

Paul Pasco's gear list:Paul Pasco's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Nikon D50 Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 +20 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow