Confused about Night modes on DSC F707

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Bill Borne
Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 35,436
Re: You have two 'night' modes

zackiedawg wrote:

SoCalWill wrote:

zackiedawg wrote:

The 'night shot' mode is a little different, and was fairly unique. It also removes the hot filter from the sensor, allowing the camera to see infrared, and pairs it with the two IR light emitters on the front of the lens to function just as night vision binoculars or devices work

Ah, so it's like camcorder night vision, interesting. Pair it with an IR spotlight and that just might do it..

Exactly - it came over from Sony's camcorder side...and it also had the same 'x-ray' properties when it came to certain articles of clothing, which is probably why it disappeared on both the camcorders and the cameras.

I remember all the Hoopla about it's xray properties even in the 828...There are just too many girls willing to show what they have to need xrays in cams that just didn't really work all that great

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow