Sony FE 35mm F1.4 question

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
RGBCMYK Senior Member • Posts: 1,886
Re: Sony FE 35mm F1.4 question

I am really sorry but your test parameters are going to really make it difficult to give you an objective answer but I will try. Your two different samples are shot at different ISO's so looking at them side by side is very difficult because the noise structure is so different. The first image the zoom is obviously sharper than the prime but how did you focus your cameras?

From what I have read people have experienced this lens being soft on one side vs. the other.  If side to side sharpness is important to you than you need to test this and not the center.  I hope you used manual magnified focus to set your focus because if you didn't you would need to actually test the focus too because your image on the right looks soft compared to the image on the left.

If shallow dof portraits are important to you then you need to do portraits at f1.4 and look at where you focused and not side to side.

-- hide signature --

My street photography with over 1000 images https://www.instagram.com/chris_broughton/
www.christopherbroughton.com

RGBCMYK's gear list:RGBCMYK's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 4900 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow