Ink costs....

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
David Pavlich
David Pavlich Senior Member • Posts: 3,113
Ink costs....

I'm sure I'm not the only one that received the email from Red River showing typical ink costs per print size using a Canon Pro 1000.

I won't go into how they came to the price as it is a little complicated, but here's the results:

4X6--$.22, 5X7--$.32,  8X10--$.72, 11X14--$1.40, 13X19--$2.24, 16X24--$3.49.

Not bad.  Of course, there's the cost of the paper and more so, the cost of the printer.  And there are other small variables that may take the cost up or down a tiny bit.

We home printers don't usually look at it in black and white numbers.  We consider the control we have over the process as a big plus.  And once we've established a routine, mistakes are rare, so there is little waste.

In the end, if you use a nice printer like the Canon, mid priced paper, and are honest about how long to amortize the cost of the printer, making larger prints at home seems to be a worthwhile venture if printing is part of your hobby/business.

David

-- hide signature --

"The world doesn't need you...." Gene Simmons
Viewbug: https://www.viewbug.com/member/David_Pavlich

David Pavlich's gear list:David Pavlich's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow