RX10 V - close???

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 38,275
Re: Don't hold your breath

dr jim wrote:

The trick is in the naming convention used. In my mind at least, the II was an update of the I and the IV was an update of the III, while the III and IV represent a different line than the I and II. Like the 24-105/4 is not an update of the 24-70/2.8. Sony may feel that the AF in the II is good enough, but as much as I'd like the smaller body for travel, having used the IV, it would be hard to go back to tho old contrast detect only AF system in the II, not to mention all the other goodies that we got in the IV. The lens in the I and II is fine with me. Just the sensor and features need updating. The question is, what do you call it? Certainly not RX10 V.

The reason I think Sony will release an RX 10 version with the RX10iv electronics combined with the 28-200 f2.8 lens is because it would sell well and there would be no extra R&D costs involved. It's what they did with the A99ii when they combined A7Rii electronics and sensor with an upgraded A77ii body and PDAF sensor.

-- hide signature --

Tom
Look at the picture, not the pixels

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow