Voigtlander 40mm f2 sl-II Nikon CPU Problem

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kesmeseker New Member • Posts: 1
Voigtlander 40mm f2 sl-II Nikon CPU Problem

Hi,

I've been a follower of dpreview and a reader of these forums for a while now. I'm an amateur who likes manual lenses. I own several lenses and only a couple of them is "modern" with a cpu in them. One of these lenses is Voigtlander 40mm SL-II. My camera is a Nikon D800.

I would like to ask for your opinion or advice about a problem I'm facing with my Voigtlander 40mm. My Camera cannot recognize the cpu of this lens anymore. It is like any other AI-S non-cpu lens. I also have a Voigtlander 58mm with cpu which is working fine. Can anyone enlighten me about the things may go wrong with these cpu lenses? I tried to clean the pins. But it did not help. Is there a way to replace the cpu? I couldn't find any other instance of "cpu failure" problem which I can relate to my case. I'm guessing this is not a very common problem.

I can still use the lens but if there is an easy fix which you can suggest, I would like to hear it please.

Thank You.

kesmeseker's gear list:kesmeseker's gear list
Canon PowerShot A590 IS Fujifilm FinePix F40fd Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Nikon D800 +13 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D800 Voigtlander 40mm F2 Ultron SL II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow