Sony RX100V External Drive and Video File Storage HELP

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
claire2 New Member • Posts: 1
Sony RX100V External Drive and Video File Storage HELP

Hello there!

I will backpacking this summer running a blog and creating videos of my experiences! I absolutely love this camera but am worried about backing up videos and photos while I am on the go. I will be shooting in raw and will be taking extensive video footage so I know I will fill up my memory card (SD extreme 128 GB). I will not be able to take my laptop with me on this trip, but do have an option of taking my I pad. I was under the impression I would be able to use the Sony app to transfer my videos, but it seems that the app isn't compatible with transferring video files. I am desperately trying to come up with solutions. I thought about getting an adapter for an SD card reader for my I pad, but have read that it may not be powerful enough for the files I plan on transferring (I will be shooting in 1080... probably not in 4k). I also looked into external drives such as the gnar box but is out of my price range considering I just spent so much money on the camera! If the gnar box is my best option though, I may be able to make it work. I have a seagate slim drive for my computer... is there a way to transfer videos directly from my camera to the drive? I would love ANY input or suggestions regarding this topic. I am so worried about losing my files or running out of space while I'm traveling! (Also I won't be around reliable internet access... so that also makes uploading difficult.)

Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

- Claire

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow