Leica CL Owners

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nick Carrigan Regular Member • Posts: 344
Leica CL Owners

I admittedly kind of wrote off most of the non FF Leica cameras but I recently saw some Leica CL pictures and was very impressed.  I would love a Leica Q but it's a bit too pricey and only 28mm.  If it was 50mm then I would have bought one already.

So I was thinking about investing in the CL.  It seems like the perfect EDC type of camera.  I thought my Leica M240P would be this camera but I'd prefer a model with AF.  I have come to respect MF but for an EDC camera I think AF is a requirement.

My question regarding the CL is the overall picture quality.  I've seen a lot of pictures on Flickr that seem overexposed slightly.  Is this typical of the CL?  I'm thinking the pictures were not adjusted so that might be someone's raw photo dump affecting my judgement.

Can owners of the CL give me their overall impression of image quality, especially if you're also a M owner?

PS.  I'm considering the CL with the TL-35mm lens.

Nick Carrigan's gear list:Nick Carrigan's gear list
Sony a7R II Leica M-P (Typ 240) Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH Voigtlander 35mm F2.5 Color Skopar Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow