Most versatile small lens for my new E-M10 ii?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Soulhand Senior Member • Posts: 1,342
Most versatile small lens for my new E-M10 ii?

I've just received my new E-M10 ii. The idea is that this is my go-anywher-when-doing-anything camera - I've got the E-M1 i for when I'm focusing on photography.

As such, I don't want to carry a bag full of lenses. Ideally, most of the time, just one, and a small/light one at that.

So I'm asking the knowledgeable people here what I should choose. I'm expecting the answer will be the 12-32mm Panasonic, but let's see

I have the 14-42mm  EZ. It's OK, but I'd like a bit wider (but of course, I'd like a bit longer too, in a perfect world). I also have the Oly 14-42mm R, but for some reason, not enamored with that.  My 9-18mm has the wide part covered, is small and light, but not really enough at the long end.

So, ideas? Any off-the-wall ones I haven't thought of?

Soulhand's gear list:Soulhand's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-PL7 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +10 more
Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MNE
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow