Most versatile small lens for my new E-M10 ii?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Soulhand Senior Member • Posts: 1,341
Most versatile small lens for my new E-M10 ii?

I've just received my new E-M10 ii. The idea is that this is my go-anywher-when-doing-anything camera - I've got the E-M1 i for when I'm focusing on photography.

As such, I don't want to carry a bag full of lenses. Ideally, most of the time, just one, and a small/light one at that.

So I'm asking the knowledgeable people here what I should choose. I'm expecting the answer will be the 12-32mm Panasonic, but let's see

I have the 14-42mm  EZ. It's OK, but I'd like a bit wider (but of course, I'd like a bit longer too, in a perfect world). I also have the Oly 14-42mm R, but for some reason, not enamored with that.  My 9-18mm has the wide part covered, is small and light, but not really enough at the long end.

So, ideas? Any off-the-wall ones I haven't thought of?

Soulhand's gear list:Soulhand's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-PL7 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +10 more
Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MNE
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow