How many of you enjoy shooting with the "older" models?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ben Herrmann
Ben Herrmann Forum Pro • Posts: 19,836
How many of you enjoy shooting with the "older" models?

I know, I know - we all (well most of us, that is) look forward to the next best thing - the latest and greatest, if you will!  It's just human nature, but for many of us, constantly trying to obtain the next newest release can eventually lead to "being broke."

I've long since realized that obtaining the latest and greatest don't always translate into "better IQ," and as a result, I've been absolutely thrilled and satisfied with the IQ levels of the older models.  For example, although I shoot with a variety of mirrorless systems (for me it is the M43, Fujifilm, Canon EOS M, and the now defunct Samsung NX systems), on the M43 side of the house, I am having (still) so much fun and satisfaction in using the following:

Olympus E-P3

Olympus E-P5

Olympus E-M5

Olympus E-PL5

Olympus E-PL7

Panasonic GF1

Panasonic GH3

Panasonic GX1

Panasonic GF6

Each one has (and continues to do so) given me superb images  and even though the current crop of cameras are far advanced in many areas, the IQ levels of the older models still impress and are relevant.  Heck, as an aside, I still periodically reach for the 14 year old 5 MP venerable Olympus E-1.

So what about you folks?  How many of you are still continuing to shoot with the older models - doesn't make a difference if they are 12 or 16 MP models?  The reason I ask here is that most forum conversations are centered around cameras of the latest release mode.  It's like when a new model is released, the older ones disappear from the conversation.

Thanks...

-- hide signature --

Sincerely,
Bernd ("Ben") Herrmann
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina USA

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Canon PowerShot G12 Fujifilm X20 Samsung EX2F Fujifilm X30 +32 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
jrg
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow