Canon 760D won't switch on.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Boxerboy1 New Member • Posts: 1
Canon 760D won't switch on.

Just new to the forum had a quick look through but could not find my issue mentioned My 16 month old 760D has failed to switch on twice in the last 3 months battery working ok and charged. The first time I reported it to Canon service Uk but by the time they got back to me it was working. I didn't think it was worth sending to them if it was ok. It failed again on the second day of my holiday so I reported it and posted it to Canon. When thet received it the camera started straight away and tests show no problem. I even sent my battery and SD Card for them to check. At the moment they are going to send it back without doing anything. I have requested that they keep it and continue to test/use until it fails again. They are not happy to do this. Canon do not recognise this as an existing problem with the model. Does anybody out there have a similar issue which has or has not been reported to Canon? I am thinking I need to get a new camera as I cannot rely on this one to work.

Thanks in advance I have seen issues with other models where the SD card door may cause problems however Canon are not taking notice of information taken from forums.

Phil

Canon EOS Rebel T6s (EOS 760D / EOS 8000D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow