Another Godox Question

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MindInRewind Senior Member • Posts: 1,065
Another Godox Question

I just moved, again, and I had an excellent client list and unfortunately the clients didn't want to move with me.  My Elinchrom units are on the fritz and I have had to take back my Profotos (they were on loan from a friend while he galavanted around the globe for a few years).

As my client list drops to zero I need new gear.  Worried that it might take me some time to build up the gig list I'm not wanting to drop thousands on new Profoto stuff just as of yet but am curious of these Godox AD600 Pro or even the cheaper AD600B TTL are worth it for the time being?

I have watched countless videos, read endless blogs about them and yes, they are very highly rated but will they suffice for the time being (maybe a year) while I build up the clients?  Everyone loves them, but will I love them coming from Profoto and Elinchrom?  Or, I can get my hands on excellent priced Bowens gear but they're out of business so worried about repairs.

Thoughts?

Any real pro's using these as say, backups or location lighting?  Or even as your main source of light?

Thanks,

-MIR

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow